Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to ME!

When Dave asked me what I wanted for Mother's day lunch, I responded with the first thing that popped into my head -- Hamburgers.  He was not impressed & tried to get me to choose something else -- Porkchops on the Grill?  Salmon?  Perhaps, Surf & Turf?  Nope.  I'd like h-a-m-b-u-r-g-e-r-s. (feeling stubborn, I guess)

My Favorite Cooks in the Kitchen.
(they did all the dishes too!)


Anyhow, 
here's how Dave doctored up my lame, boring request.
Hamburgers...with ALL the toppings.
Bleu cheese. Mushrooms. Grilled Onions. 
Bacon. Swiss Cheese.
And the list goes on.
All the way to dessert -- homemade Apple Pie. Yum!

Here's the mountain Dave created for himself.


And what would Mother's Day be without flowers?  Porter designed & 'built' this bouquet for me as a part of a Cub Scout fundraiser. Thanks Porter!  They are beautiful!

3 comments:

Gray Family said...

Great - now I'm hungry. Next mother's day send Dave over to Jeff - those look yummy! I am glad that Porter has moved on from bathing in the gutter to the tub! I still have those blackmail pictures when you need them!

Heather Richardson said...

I know what I'm pushing for on the menu next time we all meet up for some grillin'...
there will be plenty of time this summer!

C Hall said...

My mouth is seriously watering. What a great mothers' day!