Saturday, March 13, 2010

Scary Hockey & More!

Unfortunately my hockey pictures of Dave
have distinct similarities to the ones I get of Porter -
The quality they have in common
is b.l.u.r.r.i.n.e.s.s
Probably a combination of my photography skills
and their s.p.e.e.d.i.n.e.s.s
(he's the blur in the center wearing a dark blue jersey)

and here he is slamming into the wall boards
not something that I get too worried about when Porter does it
but i have a different reaction when the big boys do it

we are currently nursing a shoulder injury - ughhh.

in less dangerous activites
porter and dave got to help grandpa build
a custom workbench
specially designed to aid grandpa
as he builds a boat from scratch
in his coolio underground
(well, underhouse)
workshop

(guess that's more of cooking term
but you know what i mean -
a boat that looked like 
- THIS -
when the nice UPS man delivered it
a couple months ago)


And, last, but not least,
we want to thank Grandma 
for coming all the way from her
deep freeze in minnesota
to wild wet california
to spend February with us!
not to mention her birthday
(mmmm . . . carrot cake from french's!)
Happy Birthday Gramma!!
:-)




3 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

First let me say how much I am enjoying your recent blogging spurt!! Abbie looked fab at La Crosse! Can't wait to see her play again.

Dave looks like he is having a great time at his Roller Hockey - if we are ever free of our sports obligations when he is playing it would be fun to cheer him on!

Lastly, thats a great picture of Grandma Irene! Fun seeing her again. Your family rocks! Keep 'em coming Sue...

Jennifer said...

So glad to not see the picture of the hail when I visit you! Fun updates, I cannot believe how big Kenzie is - crazy! Did Dave play roller hockey before or has he taken it up since Porter started? That is what happened in my house with Geoffrey and ice hockey. My rule is no whining about hockey injuries, because there is always one when Geoffrey plays. Those big boys hit hard!

C Hall said...

That’s awesome that Dave is having fun. Not so awesome about the injuries, but I guess that comes with the territory.

It’s so fun to see those pics of Kenz through the years. Amazing how she is still her same 3 year old self in some ways--sweet, funny, singing vibrato--and yet she’s so grown up too! So crazy. I am really just so excited for her to do Rising Star this summer. What an experience to have at that age (or any age, really).

K. Thanks for blogging. Cuz i had stopped checking in, afraid to see the “Hail post” again and have to wonder if it was really STILL hailing :) J-K. I better get my butt over to my neglected blog as well :) Love love love reading your posts. Thanks for formatting them like poetry. You’re the best.

ps. code word :mistsu. As in, yes, I missed Sue and I still do :)