Friday, November 27, 2009

The Oven Bag that Saved Thanksgiving!

But before we get to THAT . . . look what a gorgeous view we had during our Thanksgiving Dinner! Awesome, huh? Definitely one of the many things I am thankful for in my life.

And the VIEW was definitely enhanced by the people who surrounded me!



So . . .on to the Story . . .

My sis-in-law, Heather, is a fabulous blogger,
and she has saved me some valuable pre-Christmas time
by sharing a very important Thanksgiving Story,
that will probably be retold for years to come in our family.
And, provide us with plenty of 'the best medicine' (i.e., laughter :-)

All in all, it was a Thanksgiving to be remembered.
A gorgeous day in a stunning setting
with many of my favorite people.
(Missed you dood!)
Among the many things for which I am so grateful today,
are my parents,
who gave me life & then stuck with me,
and with each other,
through thick & thin.

Here's Porter & some cousins "digesting" their thanksgiving dinner.
I, however, was reclining on a towel on the sand!

3 comments:

C Hall said...

gorgeous views. i’d be with you on the towel :) and so would Aubs, I must say, as this was her first year of truly overeating to the point of being sick! That girl loves her pumpkin pie! So sad we weren’t there, but I just am happy you and mom and Heather didn’t get seriously injured! How did you avoid being burned?

Heather Richardson said...

Really it was the floor getting burned that was the biggest concern :-) and its no lie, that Oven Bag was the real hero of the day. I swear that not even a drop was spilled on the floor through that thing. We just picked up Mr. Turkey, put him on the cutting board, and opened up the bag to release his goodness.

And we did totally miss the Halls!

Sue Coe said...

Yep, it's true...the REASON the turkey hit the floor was because mom was PROTECTING the floor & asked me to pick up the oven rack that had just hit the floor.

I think she was picturing what my dad would say when he saw burn marks in the floor in the pattern of an oven rack . . . ! So, I said, "Are you sure you've got it?" She (over)confidently said, "Yep. Get that rack!"

And the rest is history! (but there was NO mess and NO burns and SUPER yummy tender turkey!)

That's called A HAPPY ENDING!!!