Monday, November 16, 2009

Blissful Youth

I had no idea how EXCITED a group of 14 & 15 yr old girls
could get over WEDDING DRESSES.
I kinda knew, but the full extent of their enthusiasm for the subject
was somehow initially lost on me.

Now I know!
I taught a lesson at our church youth group mid-week activity recently
about how important who you marry is;
and about how important it is to make choices now that will help you
become the type of person you expect your future husband to be;
as well as the blessings that come to those who remain pure & chaste
and worthy to be married in the temple.

I hope they remember something about all that . . .

. . . but here's where the real excitement came in.
I had borrowed a bunch of my friends' wedding dresses (thanks, btw!)
for the girls to try on after our lesson, and here's how it went!



liz, in mine
(how on earth did i ever wear that?)


time for refreshments!


And if the girls have any concerns about WHO they will marry...
here's a couple of suggestions from me!
Porter & his buddy Riley played the part of the Prince (it was double cast) in "Character Matters", their 4th grade class play, last week.
They were darling - and had impeccable timing in their joke delivery!


Although, this is who my girls are thinking most about this week...in anticipation of the release of "New Moon" today.

And so as not to leave Kenzie out of this post...here she is busy at work at Kids Factory, where she spends every afternoon. (Hopefully she'll be able to stay awake today, after staying up all night to see the midnight showing of New Moon last night.)

3 comments:

C Hall said...

How fun for the girls to get to try on all those dresses! Did you make that wedding cake too? So fun. Yah-your wedding dress is SO tiny! And Ports will make a fantastic hubby one day! (That Prince costume is amazing)

Gray Family said...

Yikes! I can't believe those girls are dressed in those dresses and old enough to actually be thinking about the "m" word! I am sure the lesson was great - and what a fun idea to dress up!

Grammie Ann said...

Darling photo's of all 3 kiddos. these blogs are so fun! xox, gramma a