Saturday, May 8, 2010

Glimpses Help


I was taken on a date this evening
by such a sweet, handsome young man

gave me a glimpse
of who he can will become :-)

he showered
(the scent of a boy recently returned 
from a fathers & sons campout can be unpleasant)
and willingly put on his khaki 'church' pants
and a shirt with a collar
none of which is usually done without a fight

dave thought he should have the opportunity 
to do something nice for me
(cuz lately . . . well that's another post)
he took me to a pre-mother's day dinner 
at claim jumper

he shared his second bite of fish & chips with me
(after he'd taken the first bite;
and realized how yummy it was) 

during dinner we both decided we'd like 
to visit the restroom
he let me go first

he voluntarily offered me the biggest brownie bite 
on his 'do it yourself' sundae dessert

when the bill came he realized 
that dad had forgotten to give him the promised cash to pay for dinner
he quickly assured me that "dad will pay you back"

he walked out the door first
but then glanced back to make sure the door didn't slam on me
(ok, we haven't reached perfection yet)

but the glimpse of who is in there
was a mother's day treat for me

thanks dave

and you owe me $36 :-)



POST EDIT:  It's been keeping me up at night -- the 'cute' way I ended this post --
with the 'you owe me'  part -- i mean, it IS funny,
but for the record -- he doesn't owe me a thing -- I'm the one in his debt.
;-)

2 comments:

C Hall said...

What a lucky mom! I think hes an exceptional gentleman for being 9!! Not to mention one handsome date ;)

Lori said...

I can't believe how much Porter has grown! He will be just as amazing as his older sisters and his parents!!! He comes from good stock. :)