Monday, May 10, 2010

Is this appropriate for a blog post?

Nothing ruins a nice soak in the jacuzzi 
like having to drill a hole in your toenail.  
Ask Porter.  


He and Abbie thought it would be nice to take a quick jacuzzi tonight before bed.  
But about 10 minutes into it, while doing a little leaf skimming, 
the skimmer pole got dropped (vertically?) onto Porter's toe.
Most of his toenail was purple in seconds, 
and after an hour of teeth chattering pain (yes, his teeth were chattering - poor thing),
we (dave) decided that a hole would need to be made in the toenail 
to relieve the pressure & throbbing
After we (sue) verified that Dave wasn't out of his mind (google told me)
dave tried touching his toenail with a hot paperclip 
(as had been done to him in a dr office)
unfortunately it didn't quite melt through

after more coaxing, porter decided to try the (tiny jeweler's) drill
(no idea why we have one. ask dave.)
and he practically did it all himself 

I was shocked at the force behind the release of blood
so was porter
but it wasn't long before the relief washed over his face
and he was ready for B.E.D.
(so was I)

skip the pix if you're already feeling nauseous
(abbie took them for me...she couldn't bear to go to bed
until it was resolved, she felt so bad for porter)



getting some mama love

fyi - see that yellow blow torch on the coffee table?
(ignore all the other clutter...)
yeah, that's what dave heated the paperclip with
uhhh, overkill much?

2 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

Ouch! Glad it turned out okay-ish in the end - Dave/Macgyver rocks! And yes, totally appropriate for a blog post - someone else may benefit from your sharing your experience someday!

C Hall said...

Oh wow. I am not usually a queasy one, but I think I’m gonna be sick. That must’ve been a directly vertical blow. Remind me to pad the end of our pool skimmer...

I was hoping the blow torch was just left out after your flaming bananas foster, or creme brulee. But, then again, I’m not surprised... Those little gas candle lighters would NOT be sufficient for your super powered hubby!

Glad he got relief.

PS. I cannot help but feel bad for the torture I inflicted on his zit... Ask him which hurt worse. I hope drilling the toenail, but I’m not sure. Aunt Carrie is SORRY Porter!!!