Wednesday, March 16, 2011

White Christmas (part 2)

It's amazing how much fun you can have
right in Grandma Irene's front yard!


She (and Uncle Doug, who plows her snow)
made sure there was a 
veritable mountain of snow
all ready for our enjoyment when we arrived!





 Your may notice that Kenzie isn't in any of these photos . . .
She had arrived directly from Idaho, 
where there was plenty of snow,
so she opted for the warm comfort of Gramma's house!

I took pictures 'til I couldn't feel my feet
and then retreated to join her :-)






Abbie collected icicles to 'take home' as souvenirs from our trip.

Here she is, harvesting the grandaddy of all icicles, 
only to find that it had formed around the Christmas lights & was stuck!
She opted for a slightly smaller one
and brought it home in a ziplock.

(now that I think about it, there's probably a few baggies of snow-related souvenirs
still in gramma's freezer)

2 comments:

Gray Family said...

I will be coming back in about an hour when we hit 90 degrees! Just looking at these makes me chill!

C Hall said...

I love that picture of Abbie on the ice skates. So cute. And, can you still skate? Does it still hurt the ankles? Or are there some kind of new fangled skates now?

If there is ever a time for me to feel like I have weak and dainty ankles like a newborn giraffe, it’s when I’m ice skating. No other time. Ever. Come to think of it, maybe I should skate more often :)