Thursday, October 23, 2008

You GO, Girl!

Kenzie initially wanted to come sign-waving with me this evening, but when we arrived, she felt apprehensive.  It was a very busy intersection, people were honking (& sometimes yelling) as they drove by.  I didn't blame her.

When I told her I didn't want to push her - that it's not her battle to fight (and even offered to give her $$ so she could wait it out at the nearby Golden Spoon) she said, "Mom, it IS my battle to fight . . . it's MY children who will be affected." 

She smiled and held her sign high, knowing that many, especially kids her age, do not share her beliefs.  And they let her know it, in UGLY ways.  She never stopped smiling her sweet, accepting, tolerant, beautiful smile.  



A mom can be proud of her courageous 16-yr-old daughter, right?




JUST A SIDENOTE:  One cute young guy who drove by yelled, "Yeah, Go Free Speech Girl!"  She didn't catch what he said, but I did.  



2 comments:

Gray Family said...

way to go Kenzie - we knew you were our favorite babysitter for a reason - do I see campaigning in your future? I would totally vote for you!

C Hall said...

I should say something about prop 8, but I can't get over what a cute pic that is of Kenz. I'm surprised if only one guy shouted out to her...