Saturday, November 22, 2008

Don't judge a brownie by its... frosting? aka what's that green stuff?




Hey everybody
this is Kenzie, I saw that my mom hadn't updated lately and thought I'd fill you
 in on some of the Coe family happenings.

Last week we had the missionaries over for dinner
nothing wrong with this picture... until you look a little closer



"What is that?" you may ask, well its kind of a long story.

It all started when we were trying to throw together a dessert for the missionaries.
& of course the chefs in the family(mom&abs) decided to try out a new recipe. (I prefer to be the official tester;) )
The description on the recipe sounded really good "brownies with
 a layer of chocolate frosting followed by a layer of mint frosting." So about 10 minutes before the missionaries got here, the disaster started. The only green food coloring we had was fluorescent. This wasn't so bad, but the butter was frozen solid so they put it in the microwave to "soften" but instead liquified it. So instead of creamy it was kinda lumpy...
In there defense it tasted really good:)

and they took my jokes about "flubber"

and porter's about "shrek juice"
with a good old laugh

although I'm not sure the missionaries will be back anytime soon:)
love to all
Kenzie

oh and p.s. you're all invited over for thanksgiving dinner ;)

2 comments:

C Hall said...

Thank goodness Kenzie took over blog control. I was beginning to wonder if I'd have to see "Random life" post for EVER!

On to the brownies. I, for one, haven't really met a brownie that I didn't eat way too many of. But, this looks to me like chicken gravy on top. I just figured that the missionary had some weird need to put gravy on everything he eats!

Thanks again for posting!

jack richardson said...

hmmmm, normally I love all things mint/chocolate - but I don't know about those.

I'm in for Thanksgiving dinner though!

(From Heather even though it says Jack - but he'll be there for dinner as well!)