Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day!

The much anticipated R-A-I-N finally arrived in So Cali the night before Thanksgiving.
 Which was fine. 
We needed it.
BUT, we were planning to make the most of the summer weather we have enjoyed/endured clear thru November, by having our Thanksgiving feast at the beach. 

Amazingly, after pouring on Wednesday, there was not a cloud in the sky on Thursday morning in Laguna Beach.
We hauled our feast down to the picnic tables
at the end of my parent's street, 
and smothered our turkey with hot gravy from a thermos.  
The sun was warm & the air was clean.






Grandma didn't cut the seagulls ANY slack as they tried to
nonchalantly inch their way closer to our serving table.
When she shakes her finger, EVERYONE listens.
Even the animal kingdom.


The little boys were done eating in 4 minutes flat, 
and moved on to more important things,
 like stick jousting 
& out-of-control frisbee throwing,
while we old(er) folks enjoyed our meal
(and Jake scored some serious clean-up under the kids table).



We moved down onto the sand when we were sufficiently stuffed. 
The kids had fun playing and taking pictures of each other.

Jed is fearless . . .



And Henry will NOT be outdone!
("Did you get my picture, Auntie Sue??")



Porter did what he does best -- keep busy & avoid the camera.



Abbie got a new toy last weekend.
A much awaited late birthday/early Christmas present.
The coveted cell phone.
To her credit, she wasn't texting when I took this photo, but looking at all the pictures she had been taking with it of her cousins & the beach.
(In fact, she is to be credited with many of the pix in this post, as is Kenzie.)




Abbie & Jack!


This is a pretty good representation of Abbie these days!


Abbie & her sweet side-kick, Harriet
(who, btw, has an awesome sense of humor!)



And, Kenzie even wanted a pic with her old mom.



Did I mention what a beautiful day it was?
To be surrounded by some of my  most precious blessings
made it a wonderful day.

The only thing that could have made it better -- 
the addition of a few more of my peeps
(namely, Carrie, Matt, Aubrye, Bryson, Zach & Taylor).



Thanks for making it a beautiful day.




5 comments:

Heather Richardson said...

Great post Sue! (look at what you can do when you put your mind to it! keep it up!!)

Great photos, too. I'm glad Carrie taught me how to steal them off your blog!

Thanks for being our wonderful family.

C Hall said...

I love this post! I love the pics...I love that Heisler got new picnic tables (at least new to me)...I love that there are lots and lots of pics! They tell the story of your day so well! It can be such a pain to transport all that food, but it looks like it was well worth the effort.

I cannot tell you what a great pic that is of Harriet w/ Abs. I'm gonna print it for Aubs :) We miss you too!

jack richardson said...

I was there too!What an AWESOME Thanksgiving!!!

Gray Family said...

What would Thanksgiving day be if you weren't at the beach! The weather was so great my kid-os were nakey most of the time there. Happy Thanksgiving. It was great to see you all even if it was for a very short time.

Jennifer said...

I am soooo jealous of this day! If I needed a reason to want to move back to California (I don't - I have plenty!) this would be it. Super fun!