Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween for Us

Here's how it went down for us  . . .

Harry Porter attended several pre-halloween parties
& acquired way too much candy, which he consumed way too fast.
Scary.
(be sure to enlarge this pic & check out Abbie in the background!!)

In case you didn't notice, not a lot of effort went into Porter's costume,
and he couldn't have cared less! His priority was candy-gathering.

  
We got together with family & neighbors for Halloween dinner . . .  

...and shared some of our traditional faire. 
Goblin Guts & Mummy 'Dawgs' were our contributions!


The Mummy Dawgs turned out so CUTE this year!  I just couldn't resist zooming in so you could see their little faces!



Here's the neighborhood trick-or-treat gang, complete with
our local cousins . . . Ready to GO!




No Halloween is complete without trick-or-treating at "the Christmas House"; which is always fully decorated for the upcoming season!  A bunch of 20-somethings turn the driveway into a living room w/sofas & such, play christmas carols, show christmas movies, serve hot wassail & pass out 'gifts' instead of candy! (my pix are lacking at this stop, but I did take one of the street sign!).  Porter's "treat" was a lovely necktie, which he thought was really funny.  But Jed was not impressed with his flyswatter!  Be sure to check my sis-in-law's blog to see the 'snowstorm' & Jed with his new flyswatter! (Richardson Family Raconteur; someday I'll learn how to embed the link into a word like everyone else does...) 



And, hence you think Halloween was lost on my teenagers?!  Oh no!  Not them.  Kenzie went to Knott's Scary Farm TWICE in the 10 days before Halloween, (and loved it - - not my cup of tea, but . . . I didn't have to go in!)


And both girls attended the Halloween Dance put on by our church. 
(plus Abbie went to another one in RSM too!) 
Here's Abbie, Jodi & Torra, as "80's Girls" at the dance. 
They were so excited to wear the leg warmers.  Who woulda' thunk?


. . . and Kenzie & Jessica as MVHS football players!



On to Thanksgiving, we go!




3 comments:

Lori said...

I was thinking about the "Christmas" house this year as we were taking the kids trick or treating. Miss those fun times with you guys. This year we got to trick or treat in the rain. Maybe next year I will dress up as an umbrella. :)

C Hall said...

Now that prop 8's behind you, you have time to post, eh?

Looks like fun. Somehow I missed hearing about the Christmas house before. That is funny. Abbie makes a perfect 80s girl. Oh how i would've loved to have that poofy high side pony! I did have pink leg warmers. Do you remember that stenciled outfit I wore in Mexico when we climbed the pyramids? When that style comes back in, I'm all over it!

C Hall said...

Oh-I'll tell you how to make a link out of a word--it's the little link on the tool bar (a little to the left of the photo upload button). Click it and it's pretty self explanatory from there.